It's September, which means it's time for another blog post about the books from my TBR that I hope to read this month. The Norwegian book content creator ReadyGoRead hosts a reading challenge called Sakprosa September every year, which is sort of a Norwegian version of Non-Fiction November, and as I plan to participate in that challenge, my TBR stack this month will be highly influenced by that.
So here's some non-fiction books I hope to read this month.
The Diary of Lena Mukhina: A Girl's Life in the Siege of Leningrad by Lena Mukhina
As this one is about the Siege of Leningrad during WWII, I doubt it will be a pleasant read, but a book I think would be worth actually reading.
Jane Austen, The Secret Radical by Helen Kelly
I had originally planned to read this book during Jane Austen July, but I didn't get around to it at that time, so fingers crossed I'll manage to read it this month instead.
The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang
This will be another unpleasant read, but history is after all something that mustn't be forgotten.
Code Talker by Chester Nez with Judith Schiess Avila
As I'm interested in various aspects of WWII, I'm keen to dive into this book as it's about one of the original Navajo code talkers.
The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II by Svetlana Alexievich
The last WWII history book in my TBR this month, and another book I think would be intriguing to read as it's about female soldiers of WWII from the Soviet.

Comments
Post a Comment