It's Friday and perhaps it's time for another Book Blogger Hop post courtesy of Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer and today's prompt was "If you could recommend one overlooked book, what would it be and why?".
I doubt I'm the only book lover who'd struggle to recommend only one overlooked book, so I'll recommend a few random titles I've read in the last year or two.
- The Girl Who Wrote Loneliness by Kyung-Sook Shin is a well-written South Korean historical novel and there was something tender of sorts in the author's writing style that I enjoyed.
- Air by Christian Kracht is one of those experimental literary fiction novels that has a vibe to it, yet it's a rather enjoyable and thought-provoking read.
- Time Was Soft There: A Paris Sojourn at Shakespeare & Co. by Jeremy Mercer was such a great read for those who us who loves an intellectual vibe and bookstores.
- Concequences of Love by Sulaiman Addonia I appreciated quite a lot, as it's not the cheesy romance one can usually find and it was a breath of fresh air for me, even if it was a rather sad book at times too.
I think I may have one of Kyung-Sook Shin‘s books on my TBR list. Now I have to look.
ReplyDeleteThese sound interesting. It was a tough prompt this week!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/09/18/book-blogger-hop-if-you-could-recommend-one-overlooked-book-what-would-it-be-and-why/
I definitely had a hard time choosing, haha. I narrowed it down to one author at least... Nice picks!
ReplyDeleteHere's mine: https://breathesbooks.com/2026/09/18/book-blogger-hop-overlooked-book/