It's Friday, which means it's perhaps time for yet another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and Dinipanda Reads, and today's topic is mental health and books.
Here's the further prompts for today's discussion.
Are there any books that have helped you during a difficult moment in your life? What books would you deem a must-read-must-have when it comes to mental health awareness? What are your favourite book/s that feature a main character going through a rough patch?
I've struggled with my mental health for over 20 years at this point, and while I've occasionally picked up a book with a mental health theme, I've for the most part used books as an escape in general. Honestly, sometimes getting a break from the "doom and gloom" is way more important in order to keep myself somewhat sane.
A few books that could work as must-reads when it comes to mental health awareness includes Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel, Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen, and obviously The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
Other books and texts that feature a main going through a rough patch that's worth the read are The Yellow Wall-Paper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, The Vegetarian by Han Kang, and Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 by Cho Nam-Joo.
There's of course plenty of other books out there that's worth the read, but I've only mentioned titles that I've actually read. If anyone has any other good book recommendations, feel free to comment below.

Comments
Post a Comment