Book Tag; The End of Summer Book Tag

I came across The End of Summer Book Tag over at Howling Libraries and I decided to play along as it looked like a fun tag.

1. What was your favourite book this summer?
The Girl Who Wrote Loneliness by Kyung-Sook Shin was probably my favourite read this summer.

2. What was your least favourite book this summer?
While it wasn't a poorly written book, my least favourite read this summer was Notes from the Ginza Shihodo Stationery Shop by Kenji Ueda.

3. What book do you wish you read this summer?
There's plenty of books I wish I had the time for, but Beyond the Rice Fields by Naivo was one of them.

4. What was your favourite classic you read this summer?
The only "proper" classic I read this summer was Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote and it was an okay read.

5. Did you stray into a different genre and pick up a new and exciting book?
I don't read as many dystopian novels, so I Who Have Never Known Men by Jacqueline Harpman was a nice change.

6. What was your favourite movie adaptation this summer?
I haven't watched any movie adaptions of books this summer, so I can't answer this one.

7. What was your favourite new book release?
While it's more down the line of newly translated rather than newly released, Air by Christian Kracht is worth mentioning for this one.

Comments