Book Blogger Hop; Book Trends and Bestsellers or Lesser-Known Titles?

It's Friday, which means it's perhaps time for yet another Book Blogger Hop post courtesy of Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer and today's topic is "Do you follow book trends and bestsellers, or do you prefer hunting down lesser-known titles?".

I'm one of those who is sometimes a bit wary when it comes to book trends and bestsellers as it's a bit of "are those books popular because they're good or are they popular because everyone else is talking about them?"-kind of thing. So those times when I do read a book that's popular/a bestseller, it is because that specific book sounds interesting. That said, I obviously read classics and such, but those have stood the test of time and are classics for a reason. For instance, a lot of people have read either the Fifty Shades books or Pride and Prejudice, but I dare say the latter is better quality to put it mildly.

Perhaps what I'm trying to say is, I only read bestsellers and books within a book trend if they tickle my fancy and only then, otherwise I gravitate towards classics and lesser-known titles.

Honestly, among those lesser-known titles and other "forgotten" books, there's a treasure trove of good quality books that deserve a lot more recognition than what they're currently recieving, so perhaps I should read and highlight more of those in the future.

Comments