August Hopefuls

It's August, which means it's time for a new blog post about the books from my TBR I hope to read this month. As August is Women in Translation Month I'll mainly focus on translated books this month.

Here's my hopefuls this month.

We Do Not Part by Han Kang
I've read a couple of her other books, so I'd love to read this one too.

The Girl Who Wrote Loneliness by Shin Kyung-Sook
This is one of those books I've had in my TBR for a while, so it would be nice to actually read it this month.

I'll Be Right There by Shin Kyung-Sook
As I've got a weak spot for Korean literature, it'd be nice to read this one.

Disoriental by Négar Djavadi
Disoriental is one of those books that sounds like an interesting read, so I've added it to my TBR.

The Lost Garden by Li Ang
If I manage to read this one, I can cross off Taiwan from my list in regards to my World Literature Project.

Windward Heights by Maryse Condé
An Emily Brontë retelling set in the Caribbean? Count me in on this one.

The Potbellied Virgin by Alicia Yánez-Cossío
As I haven't read as much Latin-American literature, I think it'd be nice to read this one.

The Thorn Puller by Hiromi Itō
As I love Japanese literature, I'm looking forward to reading The Thorn Puller.

Comments