Book Review; Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Earlier this month, I read the American classic Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote and today I'll post my review of the book.

Description from Goodreads
Holly Golightly is a glittering socialite mover and shaker: generally upwards, sometimes sideways and, every now and then, down. She's up all night drinking cocktails and breaking hearts. She's a shoplifter, a delight, a drifter, a tease. In short, an icon. Truman Capote's most famous work, Breakfast at Tiffany's is the ultimate ode to dreamers.

My Thoughts on the Book
I haven't watched the movie with Audrey Hepburn yet, so I can't compare the two, but I did enjoy reading this classic by Truman Capote. It's something about his writing style, and being drawn into the whirlwind of a story with some colourful and interesting characters.

Even though it's a short read, the plot is engaging, and as mentioned, there's a few colourful characters in it that feels very real.

Overall, Breakfast at Tiffany's was an enjoyable read, and I can easily recommend it, especially for those in a reading slump.

Comments